Your Health at Home is Our Priority
For Information or to make a referral, call (888) 355-0793
Everyone we dealt with at your organization couldn’t be more helpful and understanding, not just to the needs of my mother-in-law but to the family too. I have to say that your employee was the most caring, professional and loving woman that we ever met. ~ J.C.
Our Certified Home Health Agency offers in-home short-term skilled care for patients who are recovering from an illness or surgery. A registered nurse will come to your home, assess your condition and coordinate other patient services such as rehabilitative therapies and social work. All nursing care provided in the home is performed by experienced nurses licensed in the State of New York.
A Registered Nurse evaluates the patient and provides a care plan:
- Performs medical procedures including catheter insertion and injections
- Provides Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence care
- Provides education about disease management
- Teaches how to manage and administer medication
Rehabilitative Services: Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Under a doctor’s supervision, our dedicated team of professionals helps patients with the following therapeutic services:
- Physical Therapist helps patients regain functional mobility, increase strength and improve range of motion.
- Occupational Therapist assists the patient in performing daily life functions by teaching adaptive methods and the use of special equipment to increase independence at home.
- Speech Therapist provides assistance with speech, swallowing and cognitive issues which may have been impaired following an illness, trauma or accident.
Social Work Services
- Services are provided by a Medical Social Worker and include short-term counseling, referrals to and coordination with community resources, assistance with living arrangements and long-term planning and care
Our program is designed to give patients, families and caregivers more knowledge and confidence in managing their own care, after they have been discharged from a hospital, rehabilitation or skilled nursing facility.
Pediatric and Maternal/Child Services
Our dedicated Maternal Child Infant and Child health team teaches expectant and new mothers how to care for themselves and their babies. Our team provides:
- High-Risk Pregnancy Management
- Breast Feeding Support
- Post-Partum Care
- Care for Children with Complex Needs
- Care for Low Birth Weight Babies
- Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services
- Bilingual Social Work
- Comfort and care to children with acute and chronic illnesses.
Palliative Care provides comprehensive treatment of the pain, symptoms and stress of serious or end of life illness. Our goal is to prevent and ease suffering and to offer patients and families the best possible quality of life.
Pastoral Care Counseling
“I was alone and felt hopeless. The support you provided, gave me the strength to keep going with my recovery. You continued to visit and encourage me throughout my recovery. Thank you, I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.” D.D,
Through Pastoral Care counseling, we provide spiritual and emotional support to patients and their families. It is offered to patients of all faiths, either through our Pastoral Care Counselors, or by providing information and referrals to necessary resources.
The Joint Commission Public Notice
The Joint Commission conducts periodic unannounced accreditation surveys of ArchCare at Home (formerly Dominican Sisters Family Health Service). The purpose of these surveys will be to evaluate the organization’s compliance with nationally established Joint Commission standards. The survey results will be used to determine whether, and the conditions under which, an accreditation should be awarded the organization.
Joint Commission standards deal with organizational quality of care issues and the safety of the environment in which care is provided. Anyone believing that he or she has pertinent and valid information about such matters may request a Public Information Interview with the Joint Commission’s field representatives at the time of survey. Information presented at the interview will be carefully evaluated for relevance to the accreditation process. The requests must also indicate the nature of the information to be provided at the interview. Such written submitted requests should be addressed to:
Division of Accreditation Operations
Office of Quality and Patient Safety
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Or you may call the Joint Commission directly at 1-800-994-6610.
The Joint Commission will acknowledge such request in writing, or by telephone, and will inform Archcare at Home of the request for any interview. Archcare at Home will, in turn, notify the interviewee of the date, time, and place of the meeting.